Whether you are self-isolating, or just staying in more during the lockdown – we know it can be tricky to find things to do to keep busy!
Each week we will round up some of the best virtual events and activities you can enjoy – this week we’re bringing you the best activities designed to help you succeed in your studies, and develop your employability skills.
1. Peer Mentors Recommend Study techniques while working online
Learn about great studying techniques that you can utilise while working online. Each Peer Mentor will talk about one useful study technique they frequently use and want to recommend to others!
When: Wednesday, 18 November 2020
2. Give it a Go : Marketing Society hosts “Place Branding”
Learn more about what it takes to brand Liverpool with Peter Smith, Head of Marketing at Marketing Liverpool.
When: Wednesday, 18 November 2020, 4-5pm
Find out more: https://liverpoolguild.native.fm/ (search ‘Place Branding’)
3. KnowHow – Webinar – Reflective Writing
Reflective writing is an important skill that is useful both in university and your future career. In this webinar you will explore some useful models to help aid reflection, consider the differences between descriptive and reflective writing, and examine how to use academic literature within your reflective pieces.
When: Thursday, 19 November 2020, 11-11.45am
Find out more: https://libcal.liverpool.ac.uk/event/3611498
4. School of Psychology Careers Week
Explore career options and make valuable connections who will share tips and advice on what you need to succeed. For full information, including details of the employers and speakers attending, click the booking link below or search Psych Careers in the Handshake events portal.
When: Monday, 16 – Friday 20 November 2020
5. KnowHow – Webinar – Planning your Essay
Learning how to plan and structure an essay is an essential part of academic writing. This webinar will look at how to interpret essay questions, how to sort your reading into themes, and how to create clear paragraphs, a strong introduction and meaningful conclusion. #
When: Friday, 20 November 2020, 11-11.45am
Find out more: https://libcal.liverpool.ac.uk/event/3626657
6. Virtual Career Studio
You can video call us on Zoom Monday- Friday from 12pm- 3pm. No appointment needed, just drop-in virtually.
When: All week, 12-3pm
7. Workshop: Flexibility and Coping with Change
This workshop will explore what impacts our ability to cope with change, unexpected events and unforeseen challenges, touching upon the following:
- How to manage the unexpected
- How to increase your resilience and enhance resourcefulness
- How to move on from difficult challenges
- Learning to recognise your limitations and set appropriate boundaries
- How to maintain a healthy balance in life
Whether you want tips on how to become a resourceful thinker, or want some advice on how to overcome some unforeseen challenges in your life, everyone is welcome.
The session will be delivered via Zoom Webinar with real-time interactive polls and a Q&A at the end of the session.
When: Wednesday, 25 November 2020, 6-8pm
8. KnowHow – Webinar – Introduction to EndNote Desktop
This session will introduce EndNote Desktop, an application for managing your references. You will learn how to create an EndNote Desktop library, manually add references, import references from a variety of sources and automatically insert references from EndNote Desktop into Word documents and create a bibliography.
When: Tuesday, 17 November 2020, 1-2.30pm
Find out more: https://libcal.liverpool.ac.uk/event/3611472
You’ll also find more events and activities via the following webpages:
- The Guild’s Events page has lots of activities to choose from
- Take a look at the University’s Events page
- The Library have created a wellbeing reading list
- You can listen to the University’s Black History Month podcast
The post Virtual events and activities to take part in this week: Study skills and career development appeared first on News.
This content was originally published here.