Job Search: The Top 10 Ways to Job Search
Job searching can be tedious. Use your time wisely by focusing the the top 10 job search strategies.
This are critical for job-hunters who want to land a interview and get a job offer – fast!
The list will surprise you because most of us are focused on job search activities that have the LOWEST success rate!
To learn more about the most successful job-hunting technique, visit www.jobhuntingsecrets.com
Here’s the countdown list with their respective success rates:
10. Online job boards & employer websites: 4% – 10%
9. Mailing your resume to employers: 7%
8. Answering local newspaper ads: 5%-24%
7. Search firms: 5-28%
6. Ads in professional journals 7%
5. State & Federal Employment Office: 14%
4. Asking for job leads: 33%
3. Knocking on the door of an employer: 47%
2. YellowPages – Company directories: 65%
1. Face-to-Face Advice meetings approach (face-to-face meetings with hiring managers): 86%
*This research is based on research from Richard Bolles, author of the book What Color Is Your Parachute.
2 total views, 1 today